For many months now we’ve been speculating that post lockdown, glamping and camping site owners will see an increase in demand for bookings. This is a view that has been echoed throughout the national press, so we thought we’d collate together some of the many articles we’ve read over the last few weeks that discuss the expected UK staycation boom.
Press articles about the UK domestic tourism industry during and after lockdown.
- The UK is set for a staycation boom once travel restrictions are eased, as Britons abandon hope of overseas travel this year.
- Staycationers to fuel socially distanced camping boom.
- UK travel: Staycations set for a boom after lockdown as Britons crave domestic holidays.
- New research from the National Caravan Council reveals a rise in UK staycations highly likely once lockdown and travel restrictions are lifted.
- As airlines struggle to survive coronavirus, domestic tourism could be the big winner when lockdown is lifted.
- Future Air Travel: Four-Hour Process, Self Check-In, Disinfection, Immunity Passes.
- How social distancing may look in Snowdonia as North Wales prepares for staycation boom.
- 9 ways coronavirus will change the way we travel after lockdown is lifted.
Find out how you can increase capacity now to cope with the expected increase in demand for glamping accommodation once lockdown is lifted here in the UK here.